Guidelines and Safety Precautions
- All operators shall provide each person operating or riding with an approved life jacket
- No operating from Sunset to Sunrise;
- No operating in weather and sea conditions which may prove hazardous. (Small Craft Warning)
- A motorized rescue craft shall be made available to render assistance whilst in use or in the event of distress.
- A craft shall maintain a distance of 100 feet from any divers-down flag, only approaching the shore in a designated staging area;
- Embarkation and disembarkation from any craft shall occur only in an area designated by the Maritime Division;
- In the event of an accident, any person operating a vessel involved in a boating accident shall make every reasonable effort to provide aid to the involved persons and report the accident to the proper authorities.
- Every operator shall render aid, whenever possible to persons in distress at sea.
- All operators shall follow the Rules Of The Road.
- There shall be no use of intoxicating substances or drugs while operating.
- Give all anchored or drifting vessels adequate space;